As a GHASA member, you’re part of a group of like-minded professional establishment owners. We offer you great member BENEFITS, ASSISTANCE, NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES and CREDIBILITY.
Minimum requirements for GHASA membership:
GHASA welcomes accommodation establishments that we deem to be operating on a Professional & Commercial basis. Whilst it is not our intention to be prescriptive, we do have a few important minimum entry requirements, as per listed:
- All bedrooms in Guest Houses or B&B’s must have an en-suite or dedicated bathroom per room or suite.
- All properties must have adequate management systems in place.
- All members must ensure they have correct Public Liability Insurance in place.
- The following documents must be in place: Indemnity; Cancellation; Guest Registration (we provide members with these).All TV’s must be separately licenced, in accordance with SABC’s legal requirements. We’ll assist members with this.
- Whilst GHASA is not responsible for enforcing zoning requirements, we strongly advise all members comply.
- Members must be contactable via telephone as well as email.
- Members’ properties must be correctly secured to ensure guests’ safety.
What is the Cost:
- For up to 10 rooms R1250
- For more than 10 rooms R1750
- Looking to open your own establishment? Let us assist you.
Please take a moment to register then you may add your Guest House.